This is my most favorite vegan chili recipe! All my meat eaters have scarfed this down and didn’t think twice!
All The Beans Vegan Chili
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (you can add more or less depending on how hot you want it)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs agave syrup or sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 green peppers diced
- 1 1/2 cups each of cooked kidney beans, black beans and pinto beans (or 1 (15oz) can of each – drained and rinsed. discard the fluid)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- Small can fire roasted chopped green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Sauté onions in olive oil until tender.
- Then add spices, sugar, garlic and cook additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and bell pepper, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30-45 min.
- Serve over a bed of spinach, cornbread, or dip scoop corn chips in it or pop it in a tortilla. Basically it’s very versatile!