This past week, we got a bunch of snow and ice. So, to fill up the boyfriend for shoveling purposes, I decided to make these Vegan Pancakes extra special!
Vegan Dark Chocolate Pistachio Pancakes
- 1 c flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp smart balance ‘butter’
- 1 c water
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal + 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 c vegan dark chocolate and 1/4 c pistachios chopped up
- Mix flax meal and 3 tbsp water together and sit for 5 mins
- Warm ‘butter’ in microwave
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and make a well
- Mix ‘butter’, water and flax meal mixture together then add in the well. Stir but just until combined. Don’t over mix, it’s ok to be lumpy.
- Pour batter and sprinkle with chocolate nut mixture and Cook in a well greased frying pan.