I don’t like tofu or tofu related products. Who knows, maybe I’ll change my mind when I have it prepared in a way that doesn’t freak me out. So, when I make ‘chicken’ dishes, I use cauliflower instead of tofu. I find it to be more delicious and nutritious. I’ve made them a million different ways but I’ll give you the basic recipe below. Obviously, when I became Vegan, I stopped using egg to coat them but if your vegetarian or just want to eat healthier, you an use egg.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- One egg, whisked (or 2 tbsp EVOO if you want full vegan or a vegan egg replacement)
- Panko bread crumbs (about a cup) or your own vegan bread crumbs. Arnold bread is vegan so you can always make fresh bread crumbs to use. I’ve also omitted them altogether before.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Toss in the egg or EVOO. Then toss in the bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 40 minutes, turning half way through.
- My favorite thing to do is then slather them in buffalo sauce! Yum! It’s like ‘chicken’ wings but WAY better!
I pop them in Buddha Bowls or I love putting them in tortilla shells as a cauliflower taco!