To cut out the sodium and diary, I like to make my own Vegan ‘Cream’ of Onion for this that you can find here 👇🏼
Vegan ‘Cream’ of Onion
You can easily add chunks of chicken to it if you’re a meat eater. You can add them raw with the vegetable mixture and just make sure you cook the casserole long enough for the chicken to be cooked through. That’s why I made smaller chunks of chicken when I used to make it, that way they cooked faster.
- 1 box cornbread stuffing mix (plus the butter and water it requires on the package)
- Vegan ‘Cream’ of Onion or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 crowns broccoli (or you can do a frozen package)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Chop the broccoli and roast for about 15 minutes while you’re preparing the rest.
- Defrost the frozen veggies and make sure to get rid of excess water.
- Prepare the stuffing according to the package or make your own homemade recipe.
- Mix the vegan ‘cream’ of onion or cream of mushroom to your veggies.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste if it needs it and pour into a greased Casserole pan.
- Top with your stuffing.
- Bake on 375 about 20 minutes, until heated through.