Lazy Saturday means being a fat kid…and vegetarian! My infamous Spinach and Artichoke Puffs were such a hit, I was thinking of what other classic ‘dips’ I could shove into puff pastry.
Ok, back on subject here….just look! 👇🏼
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed if you’re using the frozen kind but there’s usually a refrigerated kind next to the crescent rolls at the grocery)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 oz container of fried onions
- 1 head of cauliflower (or for you meat eaters, get yourself a rotisserie chicken and shred some of that)
- 1/3 c buffalo sauce (obviously you can add more or less depending on your hot tolerance)
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Chop up the cauliflower into small pieces. Toss them in a little EVOO and salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven for about 30 mins, flipping once.
- Once you have taken the cauliflower out, crank that oven up to 420 F.
- Mix softened cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce and dry ranch mix together. Add the fried onions and roasted cauliflower to the mixture and lightly stir, as to not break up the big pieces.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut your puff pastry into 12 equal squares (mine ended up being rectangles, but it doesn’t really matter, as long as you can fiddle with them to get them to fit in your cupcake tin. I actually use a square cupcake tin but either will work just fine. If you do mini ones, just cut back on the baking time). Add your squares/rectangles to your lightly sprayed tin.
- Scoop buffalo Cauliflower mixture into puff pastry. Optional: sprinkle the top with a little Parmesan or cheddar or blue cheese maybe.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cool and eat!