I LOVE PUMPKIN ROLLS….in and our around my mouth! Ah they’re so good! I remember when my aunt would bring them every Christmas Eve when I was a kid. She had finally taught me her recipe and I started making them when I was in high school. I’ve been making pumpkin rolls for about 17 years!
Then I went vegan. Hm. How do I make a vegan pumpkin roll??? But howwwwww?!?!?!
If you haven’t used this before, it’s genius! It’s just the liquid from a can of chickpeas! It whips up JUST like egg whites!
- 6 tbsp aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1 c sugar
- 2/3 c pumpkin
- 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup Vegan cream cheese (I used tofutti brand but any vegan cream cheese will work)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Smart Balance)
- 2 1/4c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whip up your aquafaba for about 5 minutes-ish, until it forms soft peaks.
- While your aquafaba is whippin, combine all of your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Once your aquafaba has formed its soft peaks, turn down the mixer to slow and mix in your sugar and then pumpkin.
- Fold in your dry ingredients.
- Pour batter on a greased and parchment papered jelly roll pan. I just use a cookie sheet. About 15×10 size is what you’re looking for.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- While the cake part is baking, lightly powdered sugar a thin dish towel.
- As soon as the cake part comes out of the oven, flip upside down on the dish towel and peel off the parchment paper. Then gently roll up the cake in the dish towel. This will help the cake remember the rolling shape as it cools.
- Prepare the filling by beating everything together.
- Once the cake part is cooled, gently unroll and spread the filling inside. I had a little left over that I put on toast. Then roll your roll! I immediately wrap it in Saran Wrap and pop in the fridge! That’s where it should be stored too.