My momma used to make this dip for parties that had shrimp in it. I used to love that dip more than all of the dips! I decided I needed to find a way to make this flavor profile in a simple party treat aaaaaand I nailed it! Old bay is involved, of course!
I made my Old Bay Cauliflower ‘Wings’ as the shrimp replacement in this dish and it worked out splendid! These can be made ahead of time so you can just throw it together before people come over!
This could easily be made vegan by using vegan ‘cream cheese’ and ‘shredded cheese’ replacements.
Simple layers. Start with cream cheese.
Then your old bay cauliflower.
- Old Bay Cauliflower ‘Wings’
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 jars cocktail sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a 13×9 pan.
- Layer the old bay cauliflower on top of the cream cheese.
- Pour the cocktail sauce on top of the cauliflower so that it’s an even layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melty!
***Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, celery or toasted French bread slices.
***It makes a ton for a party but I half this recipe for my little household. You may have left over old bay cauliflower if you do that but they’re great for putting in wraps for lunches or in place of chicken on a salad.