Last year my Vegetarian Spinach and Artichoke Puffs were featured on ABC’s The Chew! As this year progresses, I’m trying to eat even more natural and more Vegan.
So I challenged myself to make a Vegan version of my famous recipe, and I do declare, these may be even better aaaaand easier!
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked 4-8 hours)
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (I may even add a little more to be honest, but do it to your liking)
- 1 tsp – ish salt (to taste)
- 10 oz frozen spinach that has been thawed and squeezed of water
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- Panko to sprinkle on top
- Puff pastry sheet cut into 12 Squares
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend cashews, cashew milk, lemon juice, garlic, nooch, salt, onion in a food processor or blender.
- Add spinach and artichokes and just pulse until mixed but you don’t want it chunky.
- Put puff pastry into a cupcake tin and spoon mixture inside. Sprinkle panko on top and bake for about 25 minutes. You may have leftover mixture so you can eat that with crackers, make more puffs or save for later in the fridge.