I’ve been playing around with some vegan Mexican dishes for Cinco De Mayo! I found this recipe from The Connoisseurus Veg and decided to give it a whirl! I made a few modifications that I’ll add below!
Here are my modifications:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 10-12 baby carrots
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked 4-8 hours and drained)
- 1 and 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar based hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up cauliflower into smaller pieces and add to a pot with the carrots.
- Cover to the top of the veg with water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain veg and put in food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the salsa) and blitz.
- If you have a shotty blender, like me, do this in two batches to ensure smooth and creaminess.
- Heat back up to desired temperature.
- Swirl in salsa.