I went camping for my birthday and wanted to share my cooking on the fire with y’all!
This is super easy and if you’re tent camping instead of in a cabin, you can easily prep your skewers at home to take in the cooler!
You could also certainly make these straight on a grill, but I love the veggie rack because I can move it around easier to move either closer or more away from a flame or coals for even fire cooking.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 large potato
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Toppings of your choosing, like salsa and avocados
- Cut all veg in large cubular sized pieces to be easily skewered.
- Toss the cauliflower and potato pieces in taco seasoning. The moisture of the veg will naturally let the seasoning adhere.
- Skewer your veg however you’d like.
- Spray the veg with a little pam.
- Put those babies on a low fire and slowly roast. Towards the end, you can add a little more wood to get a nice char once the potatoes and cauliflower have softened.
I also did like a ‘grilled stuffed burrito’ style one in a bigger tortilla so I could put it in a mountain pie maker and toast on the fire