Truth be told, I had never heard of Elote until after being vegan and I neeeeeeeeeeded it. So of course I veganized it!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 6 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream (I prefer WayFare)
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp each of chipotle powder and garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (I prefer Follow Your Heart)
- While your grill is heating up, whisk together all other ingredients except for the vegan parmesan and keep in the fridge while you prepare the corn.
- Husk the corn and grill it on the outside grill, a grill pan or even over the fire.
- Once you’ve brought it back inside, smear it with your prepared sauce using a brush or spoon and sprinkle the vegan parm on top. You can sprinkle more chipotle powder and cilantro too if you prefer.