This pandemic has made me start making my own bread regularly! I gotta say that I appreciate the focus on my food more and what goes into it.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cup flour (plus extra for kneading if needed)
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the yeast, sugar, water and oat milk together. Let stand for 5-10 minutes until frothy
- Add the vegan butter, flour and salt
- Once it’s stirred, flip out onto a floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes, using a dusting of flour if needed
- Form into a log and place in a greased bread pan
- Rise for an hour
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30-40 minutes
- Cool and enjoy