Oh. My. God. Growing up in Maryland, I couldn’t live without crab cakes. But, I went vegan. Hm. Dilemma.
Artichokes, you guys!!
Replace crab with artichokes and then I found this beautiful vegan mayo too!
You don’t have to use ritz, it’s just what I had in my cabinet. You could use bread crumbs or other cracker varieties too.
- 2 cans Artichoke hearts
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp old bay
- 3/4 sleeve ritz crackers, smashed
- Use a food processor to shred your drained artichokes. About 6 pulses will do it, make sure it looks like crab.
- Add all of your ingredients together and form into patties while your oil is heating up on the stove in a pan, about medium heat.
- (Use less or more old bay to taste)
- Fry those babies about 3-4 mins each side and put on a paper towel after to get the extra oil off
- Eat them and feel no crab guilt! I like to add a little stone ground mustard or sriracha on top of mine.
You can also replace the lime juice with DuClaw’s Gose O’s brew!
If you’re looking for a bomb real crab recipe, this one is my favorite! 👇🏼https://midnightmunchiesandmore.com/2017/03/20/crab-cakes/