It’s pumpkin spice season Y’all! There is no Starbucks near me so I gotta get that PSL flavor in everything else!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegan ‘butter’ (I used smart balance)
- 1 cup non dairy milk (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for drizzle (optional)
- Vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt your ‘butter’ and set aside.
- Whisk your ‘milk’ and pumpkin purée. Save a tablespoon for drizzle on top.
- In a big bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, salt, spices and sugar together and make a well.
- Pour ‘butter’ and ‘milk’/pumpkin mixture in the well and mix. Use a spoon and do not over mix. Lumps are ok!
- Cook pancakes in a hot, very well oiled frying pan. You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on them like I did because, well, chocolate.
- While your pancakes are frying up, mix the powdered sugar and the reserved ‘milk’/pumpkin mix together. You can drizzle it with a spoon or put it in a ziploc bag and snip the end off for a make shift piping bag.