Someone ordered my Orange Raspberry Muffin Squares from my shop. After I made them and had some leftover raspberries, I knew I wanted to try my hand at chocolate pancakes! I’ve been on a pancake kick Y’all! My fiancé is NOT mad about that, hahaha!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegan ‘butter’ (I used smart balance), melted
- 1 and 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- Raspberry chunks and vegan chocolate chips
- Mix your flax and water together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt together. I sifted my cocoa. Then make a well in the middle.
- Whisk your water, melted ‘butter’ and flax mixture together and pour into the well.
- Fold together until combined, you will have lumps, but that’s ok. It becomes like a pudding looking mixture. Do not over mix.
- Heat a frying pan with plenty of oil and add your mixture in the pancake sizes you want. Then sprinkle a little Raspberry chunks and vegan chocolate chips.
- You can add a little powdered sugar on top for decoration.