There was this little Vietnamese restaurant right by my little apartment downtown when I was fresh outta college with my first grown up job. They had the beeeeest Singapore Noodles and I would just walk over there and pick them up and have a night in with some craft brews and a good movie!
So I decided to throw this together with what I had on hand and a spaghetti squash instead of noods cuz I thought it would be healthier or something…and I gotta tell ya, with all the flavor, I couldn’t care less it’s spaghetti squash! It tastes pretty damn close to what I remember, at least good enough to hit the feelers button!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- Spaghetti squash
- Onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- Head of broccoli
- 2-3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin, turmeric, red pepper flakes
- Green onion
- Preheat oven to 420°F
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, long ways, scoop out the seed portion like a pumpkin
- Drizzle with a little oil and add some salt and pepper, you can do some garlic and onion powder if you got it
- Bake them on a cookie sheet, cut side down for about 40 mins
- Once your squash is done and cooling to handle, add your carrots and onion to a large pan with some oil and sauté down a bit
- Then add the broccoli and sauté a little more
- Then add the garlic, soy sauce and seasonings and give it a mix
- Fork your squash and then add to the pan and bring to temp, then turn it off, add some green onion if you’re feeling fancy and enjoy!