Carrot cake has never really been my jam…I’m a choc-o-holic, hands down. But, keeping with the theme of veganizing some of my fiancé’s favorite dishes for Easter and spring….I present to you, Vegan Carrot Cupcakes! 🥕
- 2 and 1/4 cups cake flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c butter flavored coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (tofutti)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (smart balance)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients (including sugar), in a smaller bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in carrots.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Mix icing ingredients together while cupcakes are baking and put in fridge until cupcakes are cooled completely.
- Put the icing on your cupcakes in any fashion of your choosing.