Y’all! Your friends will NOT believe that this potato salad is vegan! It is perfect for introducing omnivores to veganism at a barbecue this summer! Knock them out with delicious flavor! You can easily replace the Old Bay with Paprika if you can’t find it but I really like the extra level of flavor with the Old Bay.
- 2.5 lbs potatoes (about 5-6 medium russet potatoes)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1/3 cup sweet relish
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp-ish old Bay
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into about 3/4 inch cubes.
- Put potatoes in a pot and fill up with water until just covered and add a heaping pinch or two of salt.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until just soft.
- Dice onion and celery.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together while your potatoes cook.
- Drain potatoes and slightly cool then toss in the other ingredients.
- Store in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to marry flavors and thicken the sauce back up.