Pigs in a blanket is one of my most favorite of all the times. So, when we went mostly vegan/vegetarian, this was a struggle to substitute. Look, it’s not the same. But, it’s pretty delicious and pretty healthy too! I use a vegan puff pastry I’ve found but sometimes I can only find the vegetrian one, so you’d have to pay attention to the ingredient list based on your lifestyle.
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Dijon or stone ground mustard for dipping
- Toss the carrots in the chili powder and cumin and place on baking sheet.
- Roast carrots for about 20 mins on 400, depending on your oven. You want them mostly cooked through, but you’re going to bake them again so make sure they’re still a little hard and not completely soft.
- Cut the puffy pastry using a pizza cutter into small squares to wrap around your carrots.
- Wrap your carrots and put in the oven (I had a few leftover carrots I just threw them in there as an extra snack), and bake based on the directions of your puff pastry.