My fiancé’s mom requested a summer veggie salad for their vow renewal. She had had something she really liked at a Church event of hers. She named off some of the ingredients and I went full on creativity!
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 can of golden corn
- 1 can of white corn
- 2 of the smaller containers of grape tomatoes (or one of the bigger ones)
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of pepitas (I may have used a little bit more than that, just judge by taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain your corn.
- Dice the onion and celery into pretty small pieces, you don’t want huge chunks of onions in there.
- Run a fork along the outside of your cucumbers so they can soak up flavor better. Then cut in half and seed them. Then cut into small pieces.
- Cut your grape tomatoes in half.
- Chop your avocados.
- Zest one of your limes and juice both.
- Throw everything together and stir! Be careful with your salt and wait until after you’ve add the pepitas because they usually come already salted.
- If you are not serving right away and are just prepping for the next day, save your avocados for right before serving so they don’t brown.