Apparently Cheesecake Factory has a delicious Orange Chicken and rice….and a certain youtuber is obsessed! Our orange chicken queen! Soooooo, I veganized it!
I’m so pleased with how this turned out! I highly recommend it!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (or a citra hopped vegan beer like I used for extra dimension)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-1 1/2 cups panko
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed plus the zest)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp each of ground ginger, red pepper flakes and onion powder
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut cauliflower in bite sized pieces.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, a little of the orange zest and almond milk (or beer) together.
- Pour over the cauliflower and mix until well coated.
- Pour Panko on top and lightly toss a couple of times. The amount of Panko depends on the size of your cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower in a single layer on a well greased baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, you can begin prepping you sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, add the 1 cup water, lemon juice, orange juice and rest of the zest, coconut sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, onion powder and red pepper flakes.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Then mix the cornstarch and 3 tbsp water together into a slurry and add to the sauce mix.
- The sauce will begin to thicken. Continue to heat until thickened to preferred consistency. This was only a minute or two for me. Then remove from heat.
- Serve sauce on top of cauliflower and rice for a complete meal.
2 Comments Add yours
Great post 😁