These sweet beauties are perfect for kids parties! I’m so pleased with how they turned out and then the kiddos get a little Halloween ring to rock!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour 1 to 1 (I prefer Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups oat milk
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp oat milk
- orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Make three wells and add the vinegar in one, the vanilla in another and the oil in the last.
- Pour the oat milk on top and stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly in a 12 cupcake tin either lined with liners or greased with vegan butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, go ahead and whip up your frosting.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it becomes paler in color and more fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and oat milk and mix until smooth.
- Add the food coloring until your desired color.
- Frost the cupcakes once cooled, pop on a plastic ring from the dollar store and voila!