I loved mixing red sauce and white sauce with pasta when I was in college! So let’s make it a bit healthier today with spaghetti squash instead of box pasta and a random pink sauce using the ingredients I have on hand!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun
- Spaghetti Squash
- Onion, diced
- 4-5 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- Vegan meatless balls (I used impossible frozen)
- Preheat oven to 420°F
- Cut spaghetti squash in half length wise, scoop out the middle, brush with a little oil and season with salt and pepper, maybe some garlic powder and onion powder too if ya got it
- Flip them so they’re cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for about 40 mins, then once they’ve cooled, kind of fluff them with a fork to make ‘noodles’
- While that’s cooking, sauté the onion and celery
- Once that’s cooked down a bit, add the tomato paste and seasonings and stir for a minute, then add the garlic and crushed tomatoes, the nondairy milk and vegan butter
- Give it a good stir and then add the meatless balls and cover to simmer for at least 20 minutes but the longer it goes, the better it gets
- Plate and enjoy!
This does make a lot of sauce btw, you may have some leftover you can use for something else!