DIY Animal Style Fries are the big trend lately. So why not veganize them!
Super saucey with melt in your mouth onions and delicious melty cheese!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
- Bag o frozen fries (or homemade)
- Vegan cheese (I used Follow Your Heart’s Vegan American Cheese)
- Dice the onion and put in a frying pan with a little oil of your choice. Caramelize then on medium low heat for about 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, ketchup, relish, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and pop in the fridge to marry the flavors while your onions continue to caramelize.
- When your onions are closer to being done, go ahead and bake your frozen fries according to package directions.
- Once everything is done, begin assembling. Put your fries in a big pile in an oven safe dish and cover the top with the vegan cheese. In a 500 degree Fahrenheit oven, melt the cheese. This will only take a couple minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted, take them out of the oven and cover with the sauce and onions.
- Eat with a fork and enjoy!