Two favorite comfort foods collide into an epic recipe and veganized!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm vegetable broth (or water)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- An extra tbsp of EVOO and tsp of garlic powder for brushing on top
- 1/2 of a 16oz box of elbow noodles (so 8oz of dry elbow noodles)
- 16 Oz container of WayFare Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pkg Follow Your Heart mozzarella
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetable broth and yeast together and set aside for about 10 minutes until the yeast has bloomed.
- Once the yeast starts blooming, add the EVOO, flour, garlic powder and salt. Mix together and then pour onto the counter and continue mixing/kneading with your hands until smooth. This will take a bit, so you can certainly use a dough hook on a stand mixer instead.
- Put ball of dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise to double in size, about an hour or so.
- Once your dough has risen, knead it once or twice and then begin spreading it out on your lightly greased cookie sheet. Be patient, you don’t want to tear holes in it.
- Cover the dough again and set aside to rise a bit more while you prepare the mac and cheese.
- Boil the noodles according to the package, drain and then add the cheddar cheese sauce. If you can’t find WayFare, you can always use my vegan mac and cheese recipe
- Mix the extra EVOO and garlic powder together and brush onto the pizza dough. Then top with your macaroni and cheese.
- Add the shredded mozz and bake in a 500°F oven for about 10 minutes, then turn up to broil for about 30 seconds to really bubble the mozz. Don’t leave the oven once you turn it up to broil because you can burn it super easily.
- Let cool, slice and enjoy!