The series finale of Game of Thrones is tomorrow, so I wanted to party! This is a Pigeon Pie that they eat on the show, but made much more delicious because it’s Vegan AND Gluten Free!
The crust dough is delicate so be patient with it. My video has many tips and tricks to help you through the process!
- 1 and 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder and salt
- 1/2 cup cold vegan butter replacement
- 1/4-1/2 cups cold water
- 8oz oyster mushrooms
- 1 large red onion
- 2-3 stalks celery
- Bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Can of peas, drained and rinsed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 and 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 and 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (I used almond)
- Salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to taste
- Mix the flour, salt, onion powder and garlic powder together. Then mix in the butter with your fingers or pulse in a food processor.
- Slowly add the water until it comes together. It will be more sticky than a traditional pie crust dough. Wrap it up and pop in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Shred the oyster mushrooms like you would a pulled meat. Roughly chop the onion and celery. Add those all to a pan with some EVOO and sauté until all the water is evaporated from the mushrooms and they start to brown. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add a bit more EVOO and the corn starch to create a roux. Then whisk in the vegetable broth and almond milk and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to simmer and whisk until it thickens.
- Mix the frozen mixed veg, peas, sautéed veg and gravy all together and set aside.
- Roll out the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and line the bottom of a pie pan. Fill, and then add the top dough layer. Try and crimp the sides fancy and cut a couple slits in the top.
- Put the pan on a cookie sheet to catch any spillage if there ends up being a leak. Bake in a 450°F oven for about 45 minutes until the crust is done.
- Let cool and then enjoy!