I used to be obsessed with Ledo Pizza’s STRs! Naturally I had to make my own vegan style to feel that comfort bite again!
You can used these same basic steps if you want to use store bought ravioli to fry or if you want homemade vegan ravioli not fried. The possibilities are endless!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 4oz vegan cream cheese (I like WayFare)
- 5oz vegan mozzarella (I like follow your heart)
- 2-4oz diced jalapeños (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup jalapeño brine
- Italian bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix together the cream cheese, mozzarella, jalapeños and set aside in the fridge.
- Sift the all purpose flour and salt together in a large bowl and make a big well in the center.
- Pour 1 cup water and olive oil in the well and mix with the spoon until you have to use your hands to knead together until you have a smooth dough and cut into 4 parts.
- Either using a rolling pin or a pasta roller, make the dough in thin pieces.
- Scoop a small amount of the cheese and jalapeño mixture, leaving space to seal. Dip your finger in water and get the dough a little wet before placing another piece of dough on top to seal.
- Cut out ravioli and seal again using a fork around the edges.
- Mix together the chickpea flour, 3/4cup water and 1/4 cup jalapeño brine in a bowl. In another bowl, add the Italian bread crumbs.
- Dip ravioli in chickpea flour batter then bread crumbs.
- Fry in a preheated pot of oil at a lower temperature to make sure you cook the dough thoroughly.
- Serve with red sauce.