We all love tacos and we all personalize them to our tastes with lots of toppings. But sometimes you a broke fool like me and need something simple and cheap yet also amazingly flavorful!
Y’all literally can’t go wrong with a simple taco like this but you can certainly use it as a base too with all of your favorite additions!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- Taco Seasoning (instead of a packet, I make my own but you can do either)
- 1/2 bag of red potatoes (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- Vegan Cheese (I used Violife but you do you)
- A little extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Southwest style Salsa (and/or your fave taco toppings)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cube your potatoes and toss in a little drizzle of EVOO. Then toss in the taco seasoning.
- Place in an even layer on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In a pan make your quesadillas as taco shells…just two taco shells with some vegan cheese in between until melty and soft with just a little brown but not super crispy so you can fold it up.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!