I wanted something healthy with lots of veg yet I wanted comfort food. I present to you this glorious dish! I’m so pleased with how this turned out! It’s definitely going in the menu rotation!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz pkg vegan cream cheese (I prefer WayFare)
- 1/4-1/2cup oat milk
- Vegan parm (or any of your fave vegan cheese, you won’t need too much)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A little oil for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Chop the spaghetti squash in half long ways and scrape out the seeds. Drizzle with a little oil and salt and pepper. Flip over so it’s flesh side down and roast for about 40 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, begin making the filling. In a pan on medium/low sweat down the onion, carrot and celery until softer.
- Add the baby spinach and let wilt. Then add the garlic for just about a minute.
- Stir in the vegan cream cheese, oat milk and a little vegan parm. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the squash is done, shred just a bit of the middle but not all of it and keep in the skin. Add the filling to each and top with more vegan parm. Bake again in a 350°F oven for just about 8 minutes to melt the top cheese a bit.
- Serve in squash bowls and enjoy!