I had yeast, I wanted a bread type product I’ve never made before, I made this. And oh my damn y’all! Very happy with the results!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra for drizzles)
- 1 tsp salt
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the yeast, sugar and water. Let bloom, about 5-10 minutes.
- Then add half the flour and 1/4 cup olive oil. Let rest another 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour and salt. Knead until it comes together, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a bowl and let rise about an hour.
- Once dough has risen, cover the bottom of a cookie sheet with a lot of olive oil and spread dough out. Dent dough with finger tips and let rise again for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together some extra olive oil, garlic, thyme, tomatoes and salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the dough after the 20 minutes.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for 15-20 minutes.