I grew up eating pistachio mint cake! It was a staple for my brothers birthday and I love it so much!
I just had to try my hand at veganizing it and I’m so happy to have this flavor profile again!!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks!
- Box of yellow cake mix
- Small box of instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/3 cup aquafaba
- Bag o vegan chocolate chips (I used enjoy life)
- A couple drops of peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix the cake mix, pudding mix and baking powder together
- Add the oil, oat milk and aquafaba to the mix and whisk until incorporated
- Pour batter into a greased 13×9 pan and bake for about 30 minutes
- Once cooled slightly, you can start making the topping by meting the chocolate chips in the microwave in 20-30 second increments
- Add just a couple drops of peppermint extract, be careful and add a little at a time until desired taste because it can easily taste like toothpaste
- Pour chocolate on cake and spread evenly
- Cool and enjoy!