I’ve made many a bbq sandwich over the years and I think I dig the jackfruit the best thus far!
Be sure to watch the video for more tips!
- 14oz bag Cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup vegan Mayo
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- 2 cans green jackfruit
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp each chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- BBQ sauce
- Mix together all of the coleslaw ingredients and put in the fridge
- Drain and squeeze the jackfruit to get out all of the moisture and then cut the big chunks into smaller pieces
- In a pan on medium heat, add some oil of your choosing (don’t be shy with it) and add the jackfruit and the seasonings and sauté for a couple minutes
- Then add some bbq sauce until coated (using some water to thin out a really thick kind) and reduce heat to let warm through and caramelize for a bit
- Add to buns with coleslaw and enjoy!