Bloomin Onion. Y’all know what that means when I say it! It’s way too complicated to make it at home, that’s how you burn your house down by accident I feel like. So, let’s make it easier!
We have to have the bloomin sauce to go with it too! They go hand in hand!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1/2 cup vegan Mayo
- 2 tbsp each of ketchup and Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp each of paprika and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each of salt, black pepper and cayenne
- 2 cups + 1/2 cup chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp each paprika and cumin
- 1 tsp each oregano, basil, salt, cayenne, baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each black pepper and garlic powder
- 2 bags frozen onion pearls, thawed
- Oil for frying
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients and put in the fridge to marry the flavors
- Start preheating your oil on the stove and dry off your onion pearls
- Add 2 cups of chickpea flour to a bowl and 1/2 cup to another
- Mix together all of the breading seasonings and add just a little to the 1/2 cup bowl and the rest to the 2 cup bowl and mix both
- Add the water to the 1/2 cup bowl and whisk
- Toss onions in flour, then liquid mixture, then flour again and put on a waxed cookie sheet until all onions are done
- Drop some of the onions in batches in the preheated oil and fry for a few minutes until golden brown, be sure not to crowd your pan so it doesn’t overflow and you don’t reduce the temperature too much