Remember the easy crockpot refried beans we made the other day for the 7 Layer Dip? Because we had leftover beanies, I figured let’s make some homemade tostadas!
Look at those super easy baked rounds of yum! I also made these saucy taco style potatoes and onion on the cast iron as my ‘meat’ and man is that going to be a new addition to so many other dishes!
Why was the spud wearing socks?
To keep his pota-toes warm
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 3 large red potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 1 onions, chopped
- Taco seasoning packet*
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Corn tortillas
- Any toppings of your choosing, I used refried beans, potatoes, lettuce, vegan sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, vegan cheese and jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a pan on the stove, add the potatoes and onion with a little oil and stir, then add the taco seasoning and a little bit of that vegetable broth
- Slowly add the vegetable broth throughout the cooking process to steam the potatoes and make a thick sauce, make sure to scrape the bottom for the good bits as you add the veggie broth
- When your potatoes are almost done, lay out tortillas on a baking sheet in a single layer and spray with Pamela or lightly oil with your fingers, on each side
- Bake for about 4-5 minutes on each side until crispy
- Assemble tostadas with whatever your heart desires and enjoy!
*My homemade taco seasoning is 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp each paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red chili flakes and black pepper