I’ve never been into soups but I got a Ravens crockpot for Christmas so I had to give it a whirl! Not to mention, this cold season has kicked my ass! The strong onion and garlic aroma will open your sinuses. The vitamins and nutrients from all the veggies, the spinach and peppers, will strengthen your immune system too. This is a, ‘put what’s leftover in your fridge at the end of the week’ type recipe. So feel free to replace or add different vegetables.
I used DuClaw’s Never Tell Me the Odds Double IPA. If you can’t find it near you, definitely buy local and find an IPA brewed with New England hops. You can certainly omit this if you aren’t into beer but the extra pop of flavor from the hops is everything!
- 8 cups vegetable stock/broth
- 3 cups water
- Never Tell Me the Odds Double IPA by DuClaw Brewing Company
- 2 onions (I prefer red but any kind will do)
- 2 red peppers
- 10 stalks of celery
- 1/2 bag of baby carrots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 box tricolor rotini
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1/2 bag of Baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Chop all of your veggies and put in the crockpot.
- Add water, vegetable stock, beer and a little salt and pepper.
- Turn the crockpot on high for about 4-6 hours. If you’re leaving it while at work, keep it on low 6-8 hours.
- 20-30 minutes before serving, mix the cornstarch, cashew milk and some of the liquid from the crock pot together. Add that and the box of noodles to the crockpot and stir.
- Right before serving, add the spinach and stir. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.