My favorite Midnight Munchie is definitely the pancake, hands down! I almost always have these ingredients around the house so it’s my go-to!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted vegan ‘butter’ (I’m a fan of smart balance)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix your ground flax seed and water and let it hang out while you get the rest of your ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and brown sugar together.
- In a large measuring cup, mix the water, almond milk, melted ‘butter’ and vanilla together.
- Once the flax and water mixture becomes a gelatinous consistency, whisk that into your liquid mix.
- Pour your liquid mix into the large bowl of dry ingredients and fold until it just comes together. Lumps are normal.
- Heat a skillet on the stove to medium and spray a little pam before putting your pancake batter in there.
- Once you see bubbles forming, you know it’s time to flip!