I was obsessed with these low carb beauties before being vegan. I knew once I found my favorite melty gooey vegan mozz replacement, I would have to make these!
My friends Jennie and Chris brought us some fresh zucchini from their garden! It was divine timing!
- 5 small zucchinis
- 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce of your liking (or you can make homemade)
- 1 block of vegan mozzarella (I love follow your heart but be sure to follow my directions to ensure it melts the way you want)
- Toppings of your choosing (I used onions and peppers)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the ends off your zucchini and then slice them in half, long ways.
- Use a spoon to scrape the middle seed section out of the zucchs.
- Spray both sides with some pam and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place zucchs flesh side down and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- When they are done, flip them back over and start adding your sauce, vegan mozz and any toppings of your choosing. While you are doing this, crank your oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the topped zucchs into your super hot oven for about 10 minutes. Once the cheese is just about melted, crank that oven up to broil for another minute to get those delicious brown cheesey spots on top.