I miss eggs as a vegan but my fiancé is seriously an egg fiend and has been the hardest for him to give up. Truth be told, he still eats them sometimes.
That’s over now though because these beauties are way more than I ever wanted them to be!
- 2 cups chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (nooch)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Veggies of your choosing (I used onions, peppers and broccoli)
- Mix the chickpea flour, nooch, baking powder and salt and pepper together.
- Then add the oil and water to your dry ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside while you prep your veggies.
- You can use any veggies you want and you can certainly put them in raw but I’m extra and like to par cook them for a few minutes on the stove first.
- Once your veggies are ready, mix them into your chickpea batter.
- In a well greased cupcake pan, add your veggie and chickpea batter.
- Pop your pan in a 500 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, crack your oven door to let out the steam and continue cooking with the cracked door for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Once cooled you can store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, which is perfect for an easy morning breakfast. Just take one or two out and pop in the microwave or toaster oven!