It’s zucchini season y’all and everyone’s gardens are going crazy! Thanks to some amazing friends, we have been given lots of zucchs!
These fritters are stupid easy and so tasty! Crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
- 1 big ass zucchini (or two medium sized ones, you want about 2 1/2 to 3 cups worth once shredded)
- 1/2 cup flour (you can certainly use gluten free, I enjoy Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each of old bay, roasted garlic powder, and fresh cracked black pepper (but really, any spices or seasonings that you personally enjoy….get creative!)
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- Oil for frying
- Cut zucchini in half and scoop out some of the guts that contain the seeds.
- Shred zucchini.
- Put the shredded zucchini in a strainer and sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of your salt and let sit in the sink for about a half an hour (while you play minecraft🤣). This will release more of the moisture.
- Once your half hour is up, squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- Transfer zucchini to a large bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder and spices (and the remaining salt) together and sprinkle over top of the zucchs.
- Using your hands, mix everything together and start forming ‘patties’. You can make them as big or small as your heart desires.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet on the stove, about medium to medium high heat.
- Once your oil is hot AF, gently place your ‘patties’, without crowding your pan. It’s ok to do this in batches.
- Shallow fry for about a 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- I have eaten them in sandwiches, on top of salads or just straight up!