Woah. Just, woah. I literally don’t have any words.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- Lightlife vegan sausage
- 1 and 1/2 cups chickpea flour/garbanzo bean flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- Oil for shallow fry
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 and 1/2 cups nondairy milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together 1 cup of the chickpea flour with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Form the lightlife sausage into 4 ‘patties’ then coat them in the seasoned chickpea flour and set aside.
- Mix the water with the remaining 1/2 cup chickpea flour and set aside.
- Pour the crispy rice cereal into the remaining seasoned chickpea flour and lightly crunch up the crispy rice cereal in the process but keep some whole.
- Dip the floured ‘steaks’ into the ‘egg’ mixture of chickpea flour and water and then into the crispy rice cereal chickpea flour mixture.
- In a preheated cast iron pan of vegetable oil, shallow fry the ‘steaks’ in batches until done.
- Keep the ‘steaks’ warm in the oven while you make the gravy.
- Remove all but about 1/4 cup oil in the pan. Then add the cornstarch and whisk for one minute. Then add the nondairy milk until incorporated and thick. Season with salt and pepper.