Cinco De Mayo is here! Why not make a legit enchilada sauce for your fiesta?!
Its a little extra work but cheaper (and much more delicious) in the end! You can easily make this gluten free by using corn tortillas instead of the flour ones that I used.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 onion
- Taco seasoning packet (or your own blend)
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8oz can of tomato sauce
- Small can of fire roasted chiles
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, coconut sugar and cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp each of coriander, salt and pepper
- Vegan cheese (I used hot pepper Good Planet shredded but you can do whatever you want or none at all)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the cauliflower and onions in equal sized pieces and drizzle with a little oil.
- Then toss in taco seasoning and roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- While your veggies are cooking, begin making your sauce.
- In a pot, combine the chili powder, cornstarch and vegetable oil for about 30 seconds on high.
- While whisking, add the vegetable broth, then tomato sauce, then the fire roasted green chiles.
- Then add the rest of your seasonings (cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, coconut sugar, cocoa, coriander, salt and pepper)
- Bring to a boil then simmer for about 5 minutes and then take off the heat and set aside.
- In a lightly greased pan on the stove, lightly warm up your tortillas on each side.
- Turn the temperature in your oven down to 350°F.
- Put a spoonful or so in a 13×9 pan and spread a thin layer on the bottom.
- Take a tortilla and dip in the sauce and fill with some taco cauliflower and vegan cheese. Roll it up and put it in the 13×9 pan. Repeat.
- Cover the tortillas with the rest of the sauce and sprinkle with the rest of the vegan cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
I made some rice to serve on the side but there are so many garnishing options! You do you boo!