I missed national donut day but I’m still gonna make some legit vegan donuts, y’all.
Some vegan donut holes too cuz….well, cuz, you don’t waste those!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup oatmilk
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (brine from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 3 and 1/2-4 cups flour (plus extra for kneading
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- Vegan Sprinkles (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast, sugar and oatmilk together. Set aside until your yeast blooms. You can prepare the rest of your ingredients while you wait the 5-10mins.
- Add the melted vegan butter and aquafaba to the mixture and whisk.
- Then add the flour and salt and mix. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 5-8 mins.
- Put dough ball in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours, depending on how warm it is in your house.
- Flip risen dough onto a floured surface and roll out but keep it thick. Cut into donut shapes and place on a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper and cover to rise again, about 30-45 minutes.
- Fry donuts and donut holes in a preheated pot of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- You can toss your donut holes in cinnamon and sugar.
- Once the donuts have cooled, begin making the glaze by microwaving the ingredients in a bowl for about 30 seconds until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- Dip each donut and add sprinkles or nuts.
Makes about 12 donuts and 24 donut holes. (I made extra holes to use up all the remaining dough)