My BFF challenged me to make a cucumber bread, so of course I had to accept!
I also used Hot for Food’s Salted Coconut Caramel Sauce Recipe for the top and I’m so happy in my belly!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1 heaping cup grated cucumber
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2-3/4 cup black walnuts (optional)
- Salted Coconut Caramel Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed, water and oat milk and set aside to thicken.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil and vanilla. Then add the thickened ‘flax egg’ and whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold with a spoon or spatula. Once it’s about half way incorporated, add your grated cucumber and stir until it just comes together and mix in your walnuts.
- Pour in a greased loaf pan and bake for 50-55minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After it has cooled on a cooling rack, you can drizzle with the salted coconut caramel sauce like I did, leave it as is or even use my vegan cream cheese frosting on top.