Yes, more cucumber recipes. I’ve been given like 40 the past couple weeks from friends gardens and y’all know me, I ain’t tryin to waste nothin! These are soooooo flavorful but also fresh for a fried food!
I paired them with a simple vegan sriracha sour cream too!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp each of salt, paprika, garlic powder and coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp each black pepper, red chili flakes, dried basil and ground ginger
- Sesame oil (or vegetable oil) for a shallow fry
- WayFare Vegan Sour Cream and Sriracha for dipping (optional)
- Toss the sliced cucumbers in the soy sauce and vinegar and set aside while you prepare the rest.
- Mix together the flour and spices.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat with some oil (shallow fry).
- Once the oil is hot, toss the cucumbers in the flour mixture and into the pan. Fry them in batches so not to crowd the pan. Flip halfway then dry on a plate lined with a few paper towels.
- Mix together vegan sour cream with as much sriracha as you can tolerate with heat.