I wanted to end the summer with a bang and what better way than a party in a cake!?
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 cans coconut cream
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Then make three wells. Fill one well with vanilla, one with the vegetable oil and the last with 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice.
- While the pineapple juice is activating the baking soda, whisk together the coconut milk and the rest of the pineapple juice together. Then pour that all over the top and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly in 2-9″ cake pans that have been well greased. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, checking with a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked through.
- While your cakes are cooling, you can start making the frosting. Divide the coconut cream away from the water in the can and whip together with the powdered sugar. Cover and put in the fridge to firm up.
- When assembling, make sure to brush the cakes with rum or whiskey and then in the middle add your vegan pineapple curd and icing the whole thing with your frosting and do decorations according to what you want to do.
- If you want to add toasted coconut, add coconut to a cookie sheet and bake at 325°F for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until done.
- Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks for stacking.