Pumpkin isn’t just for pie, it’s for savory dishes too! This dish is by far one of the easiest I’ve made and yet also one of the fanciest too!
I literally can’t get over how it tastes like a five star restaurant dish! So much depth of flavor!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- 12 oz farfelle pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 8oz vegan cream cheese
- In a large pot on medium/high heat, add the olive oil and onion and lightly sauté.
- Then add the vegetable broth, pumpkin, seasoning and pasta. Stir until combined and bring to a boil.
- Then turn the heat down to simmer while covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir and add the vegan butter and vegan cream cheese and stir until it melts through. Cover again and cook for another 2-5 minutes depending on your preferred texture of noodles.