This is vegetarian but can easily be made vegan by omitting the Parmesan cheese and replacing it with vegan ‘cheese’ shreds. I also used vegan ‘cream cheese’ in this.
I like to cut my Peppers in half and fill them that way because it’s a better filling to pepper ratio and it yields more.
- 4 green peppers
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1-1/2 cups ish of brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 c Parmesan, shredded or grated
- 1/4 c vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper chili flakes (you can do more or less depending on how much heat you want)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A little bread crumb to sprinkle on top (if you don’t have any, this isn’t necessary)
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Cut your Peppers in half and clean them out. Place them on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes.
- While your Peppers are cooking, rice your Cauliflower and boil for about 3 minutes then drain.
- Mix Cauliflower, cooked rice, spices, vegan cream cheese and Parmesan together in a bowl.
- When peppers are done, fill with cauliflower rice mixture and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until nice and brown on top!