A few years back when I first started dating my now fiancé, I was out of work and he has a HUGE family! I needed to step up my game for presents!
These were super easy, super cheap and super loved by all recipients!
Here are 5 of my movie nights in a bottle I made!
What you’ll need:
- 3 liter bottle (the 2 liters didn’t seem to work as well for me but are still doable. The dollar store has 3 liter bottles just FYI)
- A cheap DVD from the cheap buckets at Walmart that are only a few bucks. Try and get one that you know your recipient would love. Classic childhood movies are great for this. If you have time, you can also order inexpensive ones from amazon too.
- A bag of microwaveable popcorn
- Candy (the dollar store has the movie theater kind of candy but any would work!)
- Decorations (I used what I already had around the house and then got a few things from the dollar store too)
- Hot glue and glue gun for adding your decorations.
- An x-acto knife
What to do:
- Cut a three sided rectangle in the side of your bottle using your x-acto knife. You don’t want to cut all four sides because you want it to still be attached. It’s basically a little door on your bottle.
- Fill bottle with all your goods-DVD, popcorn, candy and then for be kiddos I added a couple little toys from the dollar store too.
- Cover your bottle with decorative paper or a fancy wrapping paper maybe. Basically anything that covers up that ‘door’ in the back of your bottle. I believe I used a sticky sheet thing I found at a craft store. Red and green duct tape would probably work too. Just make it festive and cute. You don’t want to cover the whole thing though so that you can see what’s inside.
- Then hot glue on your decorations.
- Voila! You’re done! And then people get so confused how you did it! It’s so fun!