I’ve used a plethora of different ‘meat replacements’, veggies and what nots for sandwiches like this. But I gotta say, this household is very much elated and mind blown about this recipe! I don’t think I’ll have them any other way after this!
And it’s super easy to boot! If you have a large family, I’d recommend doubling this recipe for sure!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks!
- 3/4 lb oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 tsp each of smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper
- BBQ sauce (about a cup, but it honestly depends on how thick your sauce is and how saucey you like your sandwiches)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shred your oyster mushrooms with your hands.
- Toss said mushrooms with all the spices and 1 tbsp EVOO.
- Put your shroomy shrooms on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While your shrooms are shrooming, chop your onion and sauté on the stove in the other tbsp of EVOO.
- When your shrooms are done, put them in the sauté pan with your onions and add your bbq sauce.
- Stir on low for a few minutes and you’re done!
I enjoy vegan coleslaw on mine but you do you boo!
One Comment Add yours