I found a store brand hummus at my local grocer that had this but after I shared it on social media, I realized not everyone would be able to find it.
So I made my own. But I gotta tell ya, it’s WAY better than the store bought somehow, despite me being obsessed!
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and fun!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 15oz can of chick peas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp water
- On low/medium heat caramelize your chopped onion in a smidge of EVOO for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before your onions are done, add the balsamic vinegar and continue stirring on the stove until nice and thick then remove.
- In a blender or food processor, blitz your drained and rinsed chick peas, garlic, EVOO, water and balsamic onions until nice and creamy. If you need more creaminess, add more water or EVOO to your liking.
- Pop in the fridge to marry the flavors and get cold.